Thursday 6 March 2008

Bloggers book review.....


Books,books,books. We all love a good read. I love to pick up a book and start reading and get that 'oh I'm not going to want to put this book down till I'm finished' kind of feeling. This happens to me with a lot of books and their the ones I truly rave about to whomever cares to listen. Over at Mikes they are talking about everybodies favs. I put my recommendation in so I thought I better write about it just in case somebody pops over and wants to know what it's all about. My tip was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers' by Sarah Kate Lynch. I was put on to this book by my mum. She'd picked it up from her local library and quickly handed it onto me to read before it was due back and I loved it.
The author is from New Zealand but I think has spent time living in other countries. She has a great way of picking up the quirkyness in people. I will give you a quick rundown of the book and I think that will give you enough of a taste to want to go out and find,buy or borrow it. It's about two bachelor cheesemakers that take in non-meat-eating fecund women to sing the songs of The sound of music while they are milking the cows. This is not sole plot to the book there is quite a bit of other stuff that goes on within the novel too but that's surely enough to wet one's appetite.
Since reading this novel I have found she has written several others. I have found them all quirky and great to read. I would be interested in hearing from anybody else who has read 'The Cheesmakers' to see what they thought of it.
Till next book review. I'm going back to Mikes now to see what eveybody else is reading.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love that book too!!!!!