Thursday 19 July 2007

Passionfruit and unfinished pinatas.......

What to do....What to do.....Well I know what to do with the pinata, that's a work in progress for the upcoming party, but all those passionfruit and that is only a small amount of them that I collected from under the vine yesterday afternoon. We have the most fantastic passionfruit vine on our back wall and it is the most prolific fruit bearer. I really do love passionfruit but all year round! I'm used to having them only in the summertime in Melbourne. I am slowly working through my tried and true desserts that incorporate this fruit but I must say you never get sick of a good pavlova with lashings of whipped cream and passionfruit. Even the new french friends we have made agree that pavlovas done this way are pretty damn good.

Update on party business is that it has been on a go slow. Juliette has had a double ear infection and has been home from school this week. It also doesn't help that the french school system seems to have nearly every wednesday off so both children were home plus an extra one. I feel like I am going round in circles on those days but today Juliette and I are on a mission to go and find floral leis for this party. It is either going to be easy or a disaster!!!!


The vine that produces all those lovely passionfruit and look another beautiful winters day......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fruits of passion and floral lays - how lucky