Monday 1 March 2010

The weekend.........

Our weekend passed with rain & sunshine & eating out & some sitting around relaxin'. Always a nice combination for me........a bit of doin' & a bit of sittin'.The weekend started with a visit to a small art exhibition on Friday night. The kids did an art class when we got back to Noumea this year and this was the fruits of their labour. The classes revolved around theirs hands not just what they could do with their hands but decorating copies of their hands.

Their little expo coincided with a much grander expo from a local artist Miriam Schwamm.....she had taken a picture everyday for a year of her hand with something written on it. I think the kids liked that there work was up on the wall with a much bigger artist than themselves but I think what they liked more was running around the yard of the Centre D'art playing cache-cache.

P.S I meant to add I finished this book over the weekend and I really liked it. I didn't want it to end, I wanted to read more letters between all those people.

No comments: