Sunday 21 February 2010

A lovely tin..................

At the end of last year a good friend of mine moved back to France. We become good buddies over the last couple of years having coffee's together, going shopping and doing lunch. I didn't have much time to think about her not being around over Christmas because I wasn't here but now life is back to some kind of normality I kind of miss her. I can't just make that phone call to see if she is free to do something. I have lots of other good buddies to hang out with so I am not worried about filling my time with chatter and coffee but it was a particular kind of chatter, one with a distinct Yorkshire accent. Anyway all sadness aside, this week she sent me a wonderful tin full of French butter biscuits all the way from Toulouse. When we had our morning coffee today we tried them out. Oh they were oh so delicious it was hard to stop at two.

Thanks Melanie for thinking of me and I will always think of you when I look at this beautiful tin.

3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh you'll keep that tin forever. Gorgeous, what a find & a treat. Love Posie

Cathie said...

beautiful tin & lovely gift from your friend!
hope you have a happy week Angelique

Sandrine said...

Oh Toulouse... remind me of my uni years such a special city!I bet Melanie would miss having her buddy too and the warmth of Nouméa too :)