Wednesday 8 June 2011

Apres l'ecole.............

Oh this brings back memories!! Skateing out the front after school on a sunny afternoon. Juliette is growing so much of late that she now fits into my roller skates that I wore nearly everyday from about the age of 13 till 16. I know it is in-line skates that are 'a la mode' at the moment but she loves wearing the skates and I think the other kids think she is pretty cool. I know I think she is pretty cool & wish it was me out there scooting around. I did try them recently just after I bought them back from my mothers place. I still could do it but found it a little embarressing going at a snails pace while everybody else was flying by. Maybe I will try again at a later date when I am feeling a little nostalgic about my lost youth!!

Did everybody else love their skates as much as I did???

3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

LOVE the retro skates (terrible expression when it's your own childhood memories) they look great & she'll have hours of fun!! My 4 have huge feet, have done since birth, so i invested in the roller blades with the expanders, excellent!! Love Posie

dominique said...

Hello Angelique, are you a french expat? i am french livingin ireland for 22 years now and bringing upmy 2 girls and a few blythes too.....
Nice to meet you, I like your blogs and by the way I love my skates too and so does my 14 years old

Jo - Dusty Plum said...

Oh how I loved my Redstones!! I must start scouring eBay again for a pair. I had black ones, I thought I was a bit tougher than the average girl ;)