Monday 4 May 2009

Perfet parcels................

Parcels, parcels, parcels. We all love a parcel arriving in our letter box or at the post office in my case. I was reading through all my blogs this morning when I came across Tinniegirl talking about all the things she had received over the last little while. I was sitting there thinking I hadn't got any surprises of late but was expecting two and hurray here they are freshly picked up this afternoon. First one was a wee purchase from Ms.badskirts and she threw in a lovely bunch of extra stuff. Thank you very much Amy.

The other was some books from Amazon. The Weekend Sewing was purchased on retromummy's recommendation. She has made loads of stuff out of it and loves it. I am about to sit down with a cup of tea and look through it. The 2nd book is about Marie Antoinette. I have a new found interest in her life and the times she lived in. This has been on the list of books to buy for a while.

Thirdly do you count buying a PDF from a seller on Etsy a surprise parcel. It was in my inbox this morning. I got a copy of this from JC handmade who I have just recently discovered. She is a mamam of twins also.

Ok I have plenty to do now so I am off to read, sew and learn a bit more history.

4 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I haven't bought goodies from Amazon in forever. I need to save up some pennies and have a splurge. I love Amazon parcels in the mail.

Unknown said...

Oh lucky you getting so many goodies in the mail. That "Weekend Sewing" looks good, please let us know what you think.

Rebecca Jones said...

I have just bought the Weekend Sewing book also! There are so many lovely projects in it.

Kellie said...

The colouring in wallet looks like a top idea!