Monday 1 September 2008

Scrumptious slice recipe.........

A few Wednesday ago I put up a post about a slice I make for any occasion because it is a absolute winner. Somebody did ask for the recipe so I thought I should at least put it up for Karin and anybody else who would like to try it.

Here goes- Hedgehog slice

250grams plain sweet biscuit
125g butter/margarine
125g sugar
2 level tbsp cocoa- I usually put in three depending how chocolatey I want it.
2 tbsp coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 beaten egg
optional extras are 1 cup sultanas or 3/4 cup walnuts/pecans/almonds.

Crush biscuits leaving some lumps- add nuts/sultanas if going to
Combine butter/sugar/cocoa/coconut/vanilla in saucepan and cook for 2 minutes or till all ingredients are melted and mixed well
cool slightly( a minute or two) add egg, then add chocolate mixture to biscuits, mix well
Press into greased slice tin
Ice with chocolate icing and put in fridge till set.
Then cut into squares and consume at leisure or all at once.

There you have it a scrumptious, easy slice.

Happy 1st of spring to all.


2 comments:

Bec Stewart said...

Hey there! I am making your scrumptious slice this afternoon as it is raining here in Golden Bay, Western Australia and when it rains, I like to bake!!

Love your blog! :) Thanks for sharing.

Make it a wonderful weekend as you absolutely deserve it!

Live Poker said...

It is excellent idea. It is ready to support you.