Tuesday 8 June 2010

New..................

Let me tell you a couple of tidbits of trivial information. I had a trip to the hairdresser yesterday which was so desparately needed. It was looking more and more out of control with every passing day. I went in with the intention of a brand new colour and a brand new colour it is. I had been blond for far too long and needed a revisit to my youth. Orange isn't so bad is it!!!!

Secondly as I write there is a pot of soup....tomato and lentil to be exact.... bubbleling away on the stove. A new recipe found at Sweet Amandine (such a pretty name for a blog) via Pip . She has a whole post of recipes which I intend on trying a few. I need some new recipes in my kitchen and now that it is winter a bit of hearty would be good. We don't really need hearty here as it isn't really that cold in winter but it is hard to get it out of your head that we should be eating wintery fare in June, July & August. I spent 38 years living it and now I can't stop it.


I will let you know tomorrow how the soup was!

2 comments:

Charmaine Clancy said...

Rangas unite!

Sandrine said...

Very nice!It was green lentils and chorizo stew at my place yesterday too :)x