Thursday 12 February 2009

My creative space........

We got our notification of our art trading card swap partners this week. We- being me- was so very excited about it that we went out in between the stifling heat and the down pours of rain to get our supplies. We needed a heavy weight paper, we got watercolour paper and also got some water colour pastels to give the kids a different medium to work with. I'm no expert at this so it was a bit of a trial and error exercise, the kids don't care about new things they just get in and give it a go. It was a hit I think for my kids anything involving water keeps them interested.

Birdie.
The first card complete. We still have a week of holidays to go so plenty of time for our 28th Feb deadline.

I have been watching from afar the devastation that has been hitting my home state. I am saddened by it and lucky that no friends or family have been affected. What most amazes me is how people can get up and moving and help all those that need it in a short period of time. I am very proud of all those crafting gals for what they are doing and what an amazing thing the internet is for letting us all now what is going on. I'm afraid I can't be involved in a crafty way but I will be giving in other ways that will hopefully help.

2 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

The ATC looks gorgeous.

Every little bit that everyone does helps. I'm sure whatever you do to help will be just what is needed by somebody.

Kirsty said...

How lovely to be sharing your space with the smalls.