Monday 6 August 2007

Reading......

" What is life without one of us?"

Very pleasant for some I expect!
As I was reading today I came across this. Is there anybody else out there and I am sure there are some that ponders this question not only me and is that only the females or do men also ponder.
Don't get me wrong I do also love having a husband. I'm not the 'bees knees' for everybody round here. So the other question is "What is life without a husband?" Can I answer that one in about two and a half weeks when he gets back and has been home for a few days.

Photo taken from a page in 'The Blind Assassin' by Margaret Atwood.

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Hello there lovley wife A, wife J here with a taste of my life without a husband. I can tell you as an Army wife, i go for up to 8 months at a time without my husband (4 deployments so far in our 10 year marrige) & it's not just missing him, his wonderful company, he's a great father & my best friend, i think about him all day & night. Every time the phone rings my heart skips a beat, is it him, or is it bad news?? It's a true test of how much you love someone, to actually have to prepare for life without them. Can you imagine raising children alone, or growing old without the love of your life?? I have to, it's hard, it's heart breaking, but we do talk about it. So in short, life sucks when my husband isn't around. I worry about him, our children are very brave but the odd question arises, especially with television coverage, they know where he is & the danger. He's home now & i love every moment, i appreciate him more & know what really doesn't matter, the little things aren't important. He has a job to do, we accept that & support him. I won't be sad when he discharges, then we get him all to ourselves. I have spent plenty of nights crying myself to sleep, especially when the children were young. Now they are older, they'll say things like "Mummy, we understand Daddy is helping other families right now & can't come to our school concert" it breaks your heart!! Now you see why i sew, it's a pleasant distraction from the drama & healthy meditation.
PS there aren't any fabrics like what i use in Darwin, trust me, i import them all from the US, UK & Japan.
Love Posie