Tuesday 7 August 2007

Thrifted Tuesday.....


I thought I would join in this little Tuesday thing. I have many a thrifted treasure to show. Today I start with this lovely tray ( cross quilted under glass) that my friend Lucy bought for me many years ago. It was one of the bits that got packed up to bring over, alot had to stay at our other home.
When I find a thrifted treasure at the one and only second hand store here in Noumea I will let you all know about it. I don't think the french are into moving things on. They just literally throw them out!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh no thrifting adventures over there - that is sad to hear. You might have to trip someone over in the street (just find out there address first - only kidding)

Love the tray - my cousin LOVES fish

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Gee, what a find, it's a piece of art. No luck here with decent opportunity shops either, certainly not post Cyclone Tracy. I feel your pain!! I collect Le Crueset cast iron cook ware in the hope to pass it down to my children, as apparently the French are big on that tradition. We'll be giving the heaviest of all wedding gifts, that's for sure!! Love Posie

Peggy-Jean said...

Hi Angelique,
Love the Fish!!!
Just getting back to you on the Mermaid image on my side bar. It is from a vintage book by Lucie Attwell. Unfortunately you will have to pick Posie's brain for the title as I took that picture while lurking at the last markets (too divine isn't it!!!) Melissa

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).