Sunday 12 August 2007

Saturday nite soiree........

























Last night I had a soiree with all of my new friends to celebrate moving from one decade to another. It was a lovely evening, well I know I had a lovely evening eating, drinking french champagne and talking,talking,talking. My daughter and her friends put on a lovely Tahitian dance show for me as a birthday surprise. It was special to see Juliette up there flinging her hips around in front of everybody as she tends to be a bit shy at times.
My friend Donna made my birthday cake. Coconut and passionfruit. It was delicious. It was made with fruit from the vine in the backyard and it came complete with marshmallow flowers.
The gang of girls all chipped in and bought me some lovely birthday gifts. Theirs is the fab bracelet full of jingles. It even has a touch of france with a little eiffel tower. A pair of Franck Herval earrings. They are from Paris. Oh La La! Also in the bag of goodies was also a very groovy Lalo Orna candleabra.
The very artistic tea cup is from another new friend. She is local girl(very handy for finding out what is happenin' in this town). The cup is a piece of Ritzenhoff china, which I had never heard of until I met her. It hails from Germany. I might have to make a point of looking the rest of the collection. I see a set of tea cups like this sitting on my shelf making themselves right at home.
My lucky last presents from the family was a fantastic bag. I was going to put up a picture but I am sick of trying to figure out how to put pictures where I want them to be. All the above ones have been put in at random and they have turned out ok but I want to be able to move them where I want them.
Any tips anybody!!!!

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy Birthday, what gorgeous & thoughtful gifts you received. Looks like a fabulous evening, very girlie & full of fun. Love Posie