Thursday 6 September 2007

Rain..............

See it isn't always blue skies here in Noumea. Sometimes it even rains and is very grey. It has been like this for two days and is expected to be the same for a couple more. When it is like this and you are looking out at it from inside the house you think it will be cold out there and you will need your woolliest jumper but alas no. It might be raining but it is still warm. I have tried very hard to rug up in my favourite cardigans that I brought over with me but they are just too hot. So I have finally reach the conclusion that it is to be short, 3/4 or long sleeves in a very light fabric. I think that also means some new pieces of clothing in the spring wardrobe which should include some sewing on my part and that's what I should be doing on these days is sewing but all I have been doing is reading 'the life of pi' and what an interesting novel it is. I will get my butt into gear. The incentive is to go to the wardrobe and decide that I have nothing to wear to do it. Oh well while you all ponder if you have nothing to wear in your wardrobe I need to go off to my french lesson. I will try and learn to say,in french, "I don't have anything to wear so I need to go and buy new clothes." I will then say it to my husband and he will nod and say " oui,oui" not knowing what he has said yes too.

To finish this post I have to send a very big cheerio to my friend Lucy. It was a special celebration for her a couple of days ago but she knows I am always thinking of her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY!

2 comments:

Matroskin said...

What a nice blog. I loved the pirate bag. My 4-year-old pirate would certainly love it too.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh hello, have been playing off line lately, new upgrade to the internet/ old one worked too well, must be changed to system that is slow & drops out. So you're getting rain, how lovely. We love rain, nothing to do with Australian droughts - this is the tropics. We just don't get any for 6 months, then it is Monsoonal & warm & you love to see your children dance around it in. Our boy has a mild heat rash, so he sat on my lap in the shower & as i cuddled him, it sounded like rain on the back of my head - something i haven't heard since April. Last year, when he was only 2, he forgot what rain was. Happy sewing & hoping you don't have any more sick days with the children. I couldn't wait to have to keep one twin home from school to see how the other would react, fine of course, but she still had her biggest sister at school with her. Glad you had fun in Brisbane, your friends look so happy to see you. I just noticed they were all in jeans - something i haven't worn for years due to our weather. Love Posie