Monday 20 April 2009

A weekend outing.......


On the weekend I went to a concert. I haven't been to see a live show for such a long time that I can't even remember the last. I think it was Queens of the Stoneage back in 2002 at the Palais in St.Kilda. I was asked to go and see Alpha Blondy-a very well known french reggae singer. Me I knew nothing about him but the girls who I went with filled me in on all the finer details. Anyway aside from not knowing anything it was fabulous. It was outside at the Tjibaou cultural centre which is one fantastic venue in the daylight and at night. There was a local outfit that stared the evening with their brand of ska/reggae kind of music. They got everybody up dancing but I think that was in anticipation of the headline act. When I got home I vowed to my husband that we needed to do more of these kinds of things. For a little place there is always alot going on, we just need to get up off the couch and get out the door.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay! you went! We wanted to but didn't quite get our own butts off the couch. I love Mr blondy.